Welcome to the OpenShift Developer Spotlight where we get to know the members of the OpenShift community a little better and show off their skills as developers. Also check out their applications developed on OpenShift in our App Gallery. Interested in being featured? Apply here or view past entries.
What inspired you to be a developer?
It started a long time ago, on an Apple II at the age of eight. I taught myself Basic, then Pascal before learning C and C++. Many years later when iPhone apps proliferated, I was drawn again to creating wonderful applications, initially to delight myself. Stockviser is my first app. I have since created other apps, delighting other people in the process.
Why did you choose OpenShift as your hosting platform?
I have used several platforms. In the end, I chose OpenShift and grew my digital assets on this platform due to overall satisfaction on stability, performance and feature set.
What advantages does OpenShift give you that other platforms don’t?
- Attractive user interface (a must)
- Rich support gallery through OpenShift Developer
- Cloud & networking performance, stability and features, including applications supported in Marketplace.
Tell us more about your application currently hosted on OpenShift:
- Name: Stockviser
- What does it do? Stockviser provides financial analytics for individual and institutional investors. Stockviser is available on the AppStore for iPhone and iPad. tvOS will be supported in Q1, 2016.
- What technologies were used to create your app? MongoDB, PHP, Cron, MySQL, Redis
- What motivated you to create this application and what problems does it solve? I created the application for myself initially. I needed an application that enables me to track certain stocks listed on NYSE/Nasdaq. Using real-time information and certain information stored on a cloud server, the app provides certain calculations that assist investment decision-making.