A recent Red Hat Customer Success Story described how PVM, Inc., supporting Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Pacific, recommended OpenShift Enterprise for a private Platform as a Service (PaaS) development environment. This new foundation supports a future cloud environment where end users can access applications more quickly.
OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat was the only solution that provided the flexibility, openness, and features we needed to serve
— Pat V. Mack, Founder and CEO, PVM Inc.
- Provide a consistent and controlled hosting environment to test and deploy applications across multiple environments in Command and Control (C2) systems
- Reduce time and cost to develop and sustain an expanding portfolio
- Comply with strict United States Department of Defense application security requirements
- Recommended OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat for a private Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) development environment–successfully implemented by Naval programs
- Found a consistent platform for development, integration, testing and deployed environments
- Integrated existing components, including MongoDB and GeoServer, into the private PaaS environment
- Now prototyping 4-5 times more application scenarios per day
- Anticipating improvements in ability to provide new capabilities to users–including faster application deployment at a lower cost
- New foundation supports a future cloud environment where end users can access applications more quickly
- Increased interoperability with products from multiple vendors
- Better scalability between datacenter and laptop environments
Learn more about this PaaS success story for the US Navy and PVM.