Welcome to the OpenShift Developer Spotlight where we try get to know the members of the OpenShift community a little better. Interested in being featured? Apply here.
- Name: Christopher Langton
- Twitter and blog: @chrisdlangton, http://codewiz.biz
- Primary development language(s): PHP
- Technology you’re most interested in right now: Node.js
- Application currently hosted on OpenShift: Open Group Chat
- Technologies used: Node.js with modules, Socket.IO express async, Bootstrap 3 and AngularJS front-end
What’s it do?
Chat between PCs openly. Nothing is logged anywhere. Ever.
What motivated you to create the application?
Open and private unrecorded chat is rare, if not non-existent. I plan to reintroduce this to the craving Internet users.
What are the most compelling features of OpenShift?
Ease of use for start up apps, Websockets!!! and the fact that it’s a Red Hat product.
What are some features you’d like to see in OpenShift?
More Node.js build options via the package.json file during deployment. Web-based terminal or allowing c9.io access to SSH into OpenShift to enable the terminal via their IDE web-based terminal.