OpenShift Commons Briefing Summary
In this briefing, Prophetstor’s Jeremy Wei demonstrate using AIOps technologies to empower OpenShift scaler/scheduler to help ensure the operation of containers, and eliminate noisy neighbors by accurately predicting resource demand/ supply, performance and HW failure.
Jeremy demonstrates using Prophetstor’s Federator on OpenShift to:
- HW failure prediction (ex. If a Ceph OSD was coming to fail in the next 2 weeks, how Federator.ai predicted the disk failure for Rook and rendered an impact analysis on pods)
- Available capacity prediction for Rook with Ceph
- Node and pod performance prediction for OpenShift
- Pod allocation planning for OpenShift (plan resources in according to the above predictive demands and supplies)
Access the slides from this briefing: Deep Dive- AI Ops for auto scaling and scheduling with Federator
Join the Community
With 400+ member organizations participating, OpenShift Commons is the place where the community goes to collaborate and work together on OpenShift. OpenShift Commons is open to all community participants: users, operators, enterprises, startups, non-profits, educational institutions, partners, and service providers.
- Join OpenShift Commons
- View upcoming and recorded Events & Briefings
- View a list of OpenShift Commons Participants
Save the Date
We’re also excited to announce that the upcoming OpenShift Commons Gathering will be taking place December 10, 2018 in Seattle, co-located once again with CNCF’s KubeCon & CloudNativeCon. The OpenShift Commons Gathering brings together experts from all over the world to discuss real-world implementations of container technologies, best practices for cloud native application developers and the upstream open source software projects that make up the OpenShift ecosystem.
Confirmed Keynotes and Speakers from Red Hat already include:
- AMA Panel with OpenShift Product Managers and Engineering leads
- Chris Wright on Emerging Technology and Innovation
- Clayton Coleman & Mike Barrett on OpenShift 3.x: Features/Functions/Future
- Diane Mueller on Cross-Community Collaboration with Upstream
- Sebastian Pahl on Operator Framework
More speakers and panelists are being added, check out the agenda for updates. Please note: Pre-registration is required. To register, add the OpenShift Commons Gathering as a co-located event during your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.