Welcome to the OpenShift Developer Spotlight where we try get to know the members of the OpenShift community a little better. Interested in being featured? Apply here.
- Name: Adrian Bautista, Chris Goodmacher, Jonathan Ku, and Thomas Yang
- Twitter and blog: @theadrianb, @cgoodmac, @thejonku, @tyangerine
- Primary development language(s): Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- Technology you’re most interested in right now: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Node.js
- Application currently hosted on OpenShift: Social Fund
What’s it do?
The Social Fund is an online social trading platform that makes it easy to invest in securities with friends. You can join “investment clubs” by depositing funds, make trade requests, and vote on pending requests for the investment club to make.
What motivated you to create the application?
Chris Goodmacher, Jon Ku, Thomas Yang, and I built this application in under 24 hours for the 2013 NYC Fintech Hackathon. We recently graduated from General Assembly’s Web Development Immersive program in December and we were eager to participate in our first hackathon!
What are the most compelling features of OpenShift?
Easy setup and deployment of a Rails application to OpenShift’s cloud servers using its built-in Ruby and PostgreSQL cartridges.
What are some features you’d like to see in OpenShift?
Simpler integration and deployment to OpenShift using pre-existing Github repositories.